Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread
We love cinnamon raisin bread, especially when a cinnamon swirl is involved! Simply slice it and enjoy or toast it with a little butter!
- Yield: 4 - 500g loaves
- Prep Time: 30 hr
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Place the raisins in a bowl with lukewarm water and let them rehydrate for one hour until nice and plump. (This will give more flavor to the bread and make for a softer texture).
- Place the Caputo "00" Pizzeria Flour in a mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook attachment and add the Caputo Lievito Dry Yeast, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix for 2 minutes on the slowest speed. (Be sure there are no clumps of sugar in the flour, and all ingredients are evenly distributed).
- Slowly add the water to the bowl until well incorporated (approximately 2-3 minutes) while mixing on the slowest speed.
- While the dough is still a little wet, add your raisins.
- Once the water is absorbed and raisins are evenly distributed, add the salt.
- Mix for approximately 5 minutes, then place the dough in a lightly floured bowl, cover it in plastic, and leave it out at room temp. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size (approximately 1 hour).
- Once the dough doubles in size, push all the air out and cover it to let it rise again for one more hour until it again doubles in size. (This is a crucial step to ensure that we give strength to our dough and have an even crumb structure).
- *Optional: To get a cinnamon swirl in your bread, see below.
- Once the dough has risen again, remove it from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 500g balls.
- Shape each dough ball into an 8-inch loaf and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the loaf to rise in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- The next day, remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- As your dough is coming to room temperature, preheat your oven to 375F.
- Once the dough is ready, lightly sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar and place it in the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Once the bread is done, remove it from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes.
*For a Cinnamon Swirl: After the first rise, divide the dough balls into 500g loaves and allow the dough to rise. Once the dough has risen, stretch it flat, and evenly distribute 50g (1/4 cup) of dark brown sugar, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Roll the dough balls into loaves again and continue to step 10.