No Knead Dutch Oven Bread
Whip up a rustic, artisanal loaf with this same-day, no-knead Dutch oven bread recipe. With a crusty exterior and tender crumb, prepare to find yourself making this recipe time and time again.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep Time: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 50 min
Dough600g (2 1/2 cups) warm tap water15g (1 tablespoon) salt
Special EquipmentDutch Oven
- In a large mixing bowl, add the warm water and Caputo Lievito Dry Yeast, then mix with a spoon until well-combined.
- Add the Caputo "00" Chef's Flour and use a spoon to mix for 2 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Add the salt and continue mixing with a spoon for 2-3 minutes or until well combined. The dough will look very shaggy, and that’s perfectly fine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- After the first hour, start to fold your dough by pulling from the corners and bringing them to the middle. Do this to all four corners, then let it rest for two hours.
- Repeat the folding of the dough every hour for 4 more hours.
- After the last fold, preheat your oven to 465F. Once the oven is preheated, take a 6-qt Dutch oven and place it in the heated oven with the cover on. Let it sit inside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Uncover your dough. Lay down a piece of parchment paper on your counter and sprinkle it with flour, then flip your dough ball onto the counter and coat it with the flour. Make sure that before you flip it, the dough has released from the bowl to avoid losing any gases during the transfer. You can do this by using a spatula and pushing in on the sides to ensure it will release.
- Remove the Dutch oven, and using the parchment paper, quickly flip the dough ball into the hot Dutch oven, making sure the floured side is facing up.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place it back in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
- Once the bread is ready, remove it from the Dutch oven, place it on a cooling rack, and let the bread rest for 1 hour.
- Serving suggestion: Add Olitalia TuttOlio to a ramekin and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Dip, serve, and enjoy!