Channel your inner pizzaiolo by making your own Neapolitan pizza!
- Yield: 5 Pizzas (12")
- Prep Time: 18 hr
- Cook Time: 2 min
Dough640g water30g salt
EquipmentHigh-heat oven (like an Ooni, Gonzey, or Breville)Pizza peel
- Using a mixer with the dough hook attachment, add the Caputo Lievito Dry Yeast and Caputo "00" Pizzeria Flour and mix on the first speed for 2 min.
- Add the water and mix for 5 min.
- After, add the salt and mix for 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and forms a pumpkin.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into five 270g balls and place them in a dough tray.
- Allow the dough balls to rest at room temperature for 1 hour before putting them in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- The following day, remove the dough from the fridge 3-4 hours before intended use.
- An hour before baking, turn on your high heat oven (like an Ooni, Gozney, or Breville) and let it get up to temp. We recommend baking at the highest temperatures - 900 degrees or more for a true Neapolitanesque crust.
- Next, stretch your pizza on a lightly dusted counter using Caputo Semola, then add your favorite toppings (we recommend Ciao Tomatoes!).
- Transfer the pizza to a pizza peel and gently shuffle the pizza off the peel into your preheated oven.
- Once the pizza is in, start turning it every 20 seconds or so to avoid burning on the cornicone (crust). After approximately 90-120 seconds (depending on your oven temperature), your pizza should be ready to remove from the oven.
- We recommend cutting and serving your pizzas right away.