Thin Crust Pizza
Erin Hungsberg's essential thin crust pizza … enough said. Make it, eat it, repeat it.
- Yield: 3 pizzas
- Prep Time: 48 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
IngredientsCaputo "00" Chef's Flour (to handle dough)Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to grease pans)Desired toppings
EquipmentRolling pinBench scraper3 pizza pansDough dockerPizza stone (optional)
- Make Erin's Thin Crust Pizza Dough at least 48 hours before you plan on baking.
- When you are ready to bake, remove the dough from the refrigerator and prepare work surface by dusting it with Caputo "00" Chef's Flour.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F, convection setting, for 1 hour.
- Lightly grease pizza pans with Olitalia extra virgin olive oil.
- Carefully transfer 1 dough ball (using a floured bench scraper) to a floured work surface.
- Using flour as needed, roll the dough out into a slightly larger diameter than your pizza pan.
- Transfer to the pizza pan and dock the surface of the dough with a dough docker.
- Spoon ½ cup homemade marinara sauce evenly over the crust and par bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 dough balls.
- Continue to assemble pizzas with desired toppings.
- Pizzas can be wrapped and frozen at this point or finished in the oven.
- Bake at 475 degrees F convection for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Bake pizzas directly on pizza stone (if possible).
- Alternately, bake in an outdoor pizza oven at 700 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.