Gluten Free Focaccia
Don't let the batter-like consistency of this high-hydration dough fool you— this focaccia has the same flavor and texture as traditional focaccia, minus the gluten!
- Yield: 2 10x14in focaccias
- Prep Time: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Mix the Caputo Gluten Free Flour, baking soda, and Caputo Lievito Dry Yeast together in a spiral mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and mix on a slow speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix for 3 minutes, then add the extra virgin olive oil and mix for an additional 4 minutes.
- Using a latex glove coated with olive oil, remove the mixing bowl from the mixer and cover it with plastic, Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After at least 30 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and ball it into 790g balls for a 10x14 Detroit-style pan. Make sure to brush the pan with extra virgin olive oil and coat the top of the dough with extra virgin olive oil.
- Stretch out the dough until it touches all sides and corners of the pan. Cover it with plastic and let it sit in a warm spot for 1 hour to rise.
- After the dough has risen, remove the plastic and add any desired toppings. Then cover and let rest in a warm place again for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest possible temperature (usually 550F). Once heated, place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Once it's finished and has a consistent golden-brown color, remove it from the pan and let it rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!