Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
The perfect balance of chewy and crispy, this is our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- Yield: approx. 18
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine the Caputo "00" Pastry Flour, fine sea salt, and baking soda. Thoroughly stir together.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, and vanilla extract, beating until smooth and creamy. In a Kitchen Aid mixer, about 3 minutes on speed 2.
- Beat in the egg, again beating until smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is thoroughly combined. In a Kitchen Aid mixer, about 1 minute on speed 2.
- Mix in the combined flour, salt, and baking soda (about 1 minute on speed 1), then the chocolate chips (30 seconds).
- Use a spoon (or a tablespoon cookie scoop) to scoop 1 1/4" balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between them on all sides; they'll spread to about 2 3/4". Do not flatten the dough balls.
- Sprinkle a pinch of coarse sea salt on each cookie and gently press the salt into the top.
- Bake the cookies for 15-16 minutes, until their edges are amber brown and their tops are a light golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and cool on the pan until they've set enough to move without breaking.