Dark Chocolate Brownies
These dark chocolate brownies are the perfect balance of fudgy and cakey and with time, they keep getting better (we like their texture best after 8+ hours)! And remember, just like with flour, higher quality chocolate makes better quality brownies!
- Yield: 9 brownies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Sift the Caputo "00" Pastry Flour and sea salt and set aside.
- Melt butter in double boiler or in microwave (about 1 min 20 seconds on high). Add bittersweet & unsweetened chocolates. Let them sit in the melted butter for a few minutes, and gently stir until chocolate is melted and fully combined with the butter. Put the mixture back in the microwave in 10 second intervals if needed. Let it stand at room temperature while beating the eggs and sugar (about 10 mins).
- In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat to ribbon stage. In Kitchen Aid mixer about 7-8 minutes on speed 6.
- Add the butter & chocolate mixture and mix until it is fully incorporated. In Kitchen Aid mixer about 3 minutes on speed 2. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add the sifted flour and salt mixture. Gently mix until it is fully incorporated. In Kitchen Aid mixer about 1 minute on speed 1.
- Using a spatula, scrape the brownie batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and cool them in the pan until they’ve set. The brownies will sink slightly while cooling.
- Once they are cool, cut your brownies into your desired size squares or rectangles.