These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies are a timeless favorite for any occasion.
- Yield: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Preheat the oven to 350°F .
- Measure and sift together the Caputo “00” Chef’s Flour, baking powder, and sea salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar, then cream until light and fluffy. (In Kitchen Aid mixer, about 3 minutes on speed 1). Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until emulsified. (In Kitchen Aid mixer, about 30 seconds on speed 1, scrape sides and bottom of bowl, mix for another 30 seconds on speed 1).
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until fully combined. (In Kitchen Aid mixer, about 30 seconds on speed 1). Set aside.
- In a bowl, measure the sugar for coating the cookie dough.
- Using a #50 cookie scoop or similar, portion the cookies.
- Drop the cookie batter into the coating sugar and roll to cover.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, evenly spaced apart, about 12-18 per pan.
- Place the pan in the center of the pre-heated oven and bake for 12-13 minutes.
Notes: Cookies made with Caputo flour benefit from resting between mixing and baking, 30-60 minutes. This is due to slower absorption of fats and liquids. Caputo flour also retains moisture longer after baking which means the cookies stay fresh longer.