Lemon Olive Oil Cake
A moist, decadent dessert infused with the brightness of fresh lemon, this olive oil cake uses Olitalia TuttOlio for a balanced flavor.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the Caputo "00" Pastry Flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk all the ingredients until well combined, and place to the side.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the Olitalia TuttOlio, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk them together until they are well incorporated and you have a smooth batter. It's important to not dump all the flour in at once to avoid clumps inside your batter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in a 9" round cake pan. Coat the sides of the pan and the parchment paper with TuttOlio. Pour in your batter and gently tap it on your countertop to help even it out and bring all the air pockets to the surface.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes until it is golden brown. To check if it is cooked all the way through, stick in a clean toothpick, and if it comes out clean, it is ready!
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 45 minutes.
- When you're ready to serve, top it with powdered sugar and a scoop of creamy gelato (we suggest vanilla or pistachio) and enjoy!