Caputo Yeast: How, When, Where, and Why
When you're starting a recipe that requires yeast, you may find that you have a few questions...
What are the ingredients for a perfect leavening?
In addition to flour and the most refined techniques of milling, yeast is the other great protagonist in this incredible natural process.
What do yeast and flour have in common?
Not only are they integral to every leavening process, but both are born from a process of cultivation: that of wheat for flour and the cultivation of the strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for yeast.
How is dry yeast produced?
The active dry yeast of Mulino Caputo is nothing more than brewer's yeast produced from a rigorously selected strain that is fed only with Italian molasses: a particular type of sugar obtained from beet and sugar cane.
It is thanks to this nourishment and oxygen that the yeast cells begin to reproduce and multiply. This process is called fermentation. After fermentation, the yeast is separated from the molasses and first washed to remove impurities, then centrifuged and finally dehydrated and reduced to microgranules.
So, just like flour, yeast is an absolutely natural product!
The Active Dry Yeast from Mulino Caputo is therefore the final piece of the Revolution of the Mill of Naples. Through flour diversification and the selection of higher performance grains, we provide artisans with the highest quality tools to perfect the leavening process and produce lighter and more digestible products.
But why an Active Dry Yeast?
Fresh, dry, liquid...there are many possible choices in terms of natural leavening! The advantages of a dry and immediately active product are truly indisputable:
- Storage - The dehydration process eliminates water, extending the product shelf life up to 24 months.
- Practicality - The packaging designed by Mulino Caputo is compact (it is sold in 100g cans) and can be resealed.
- Stability - Fresh yeast works vigorously in the first 2 hours of fermentation, while dry yeast has slower, but more constant action over time.
- Saving - Quantities needed are reduced to one third when using the dry yeast instead of the fresh yeast.
- In addition to these advantages, our yeast is naturally gluten-free and lactose-free!
Our yeast is suitable for all types of dough and leavening. All over the world our active dry yeast is synonymous with perfect leavening, easy workability and the absence of unnatural "aids". The power of Mulino Caputo Active Dry Yeast shines through the results: they are impalpable, digestible, perfectly chewable doughs that are ready to melt in your mouth! Let your creativity fly without limits!